Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blame it on swine flu...

Don't you just love it when sewing projects don't go according to plan? Above is a picture of what was meant to be a piggy heat pack for a friend's birthday present. She lives in chilly Canberra, so I thought a schnuggly-wuggly heat pack would be the perfect present. Plus it's in the shape of a pig, which just makes it even better!

Unfortunately my sewing machine doesn't like the thick chenille fabric that the piggy is made of, and for fear of breaking my lovely new machine, the project had to be abandoned until a later time. Or until Sarah can show me which correct foot and needle to use on the machine. I can't figure this out for myself because I lost the bloody sewing machine manual. Nicely done!

So it looks like this little piggy won't be going to market, or to Canberra, for a while! Perhaps it will finished in time for winter next year. Fingers crossed. (Sorry Lisa, but i'm glad you enjoyed the shop bought heat pack I got for you instead!)

No comments:

Post a Comment