Sunday, October 11, 2009

Crafty book goodness!

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I have acquired a lovely new crafty book by Cath Kidston called Make! It is full of Cath's famous fabric designs that you can photocopy and use in your own projects. I particularly heart the bird and star designs. The book is mainly concerned with the decoration and application of embroidery and designs onto things like bags, towels, socks and clothes. The pictures are gorgeous and colourful and very inspiring- the little pink songbird socks are especially adorable!

The coolest thing about the book is that you get a plain tote to use and decorate as your first project. I think I might cover mine in little multi-coloured stars. Watch this space to see how it goes. Knowing my hand sewing skills it's sure to be interesting! (Read: dodgy).

And the good news is that Cath has another book called Sew! coming out in a couple of weeks for the die hard sewers out there. The book also includes some of her trademark fabric to make a bag with. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment